CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER (CSO)
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) assists with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives. S/he will focus on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, knowledge management and the implementation of an organizational dashboard for impact and organizational effectiveness.
The CSO is responsible for formalizing the company’s strategic-planning processes, and leading the development of the strategy, translating it for people across functions and business units, and drive organizational change forging new working relationships and synergies across the organization, and establishing greater transparency and accountability for those people carrying out the company’s strategy. In addition, the CSO is responsible for assessing whether strategic initiatives, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the company’s standards and objectives.
+ Leads the development of the strategic plan/framework for the organization, and the detailed current year operating plan, while adhering to direction set by the CEO and Board of Directors. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence.
+ Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with the other Executive Team members and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all throughout the organization. Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
+ Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals.
+ Acts as a key advisor to Chief Executive Officer on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment
+ Engages external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
+ Leads the development and implementation of consistent practices and strategic frameworks across CARE.
+ Oversees the development and implementation of a knowledge management infrastructure and leads in the management of organizational knowledge as a strategic asset to further the organization’s goals.
+ Leads the organization’s approach to measurement and evaluation with a focus on the creation of an organizational dashboard for impact and organizational effectiveness
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in strategic planning.
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously held several business and operational roles in fast paced and complex environments, especially in start-up / entrepreneurial environment.
- Work experience should include success in a period of growth and/or transition.
- Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems and to guide and develop solutions.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience; strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to leading the entire range of problem solving work from problem definition to analysis, recommendation and the development of implementation plans.
- Ability to influence on a global and virtual stage, demonstrating courage, an approachable style and inspiring confidence.
- Ability to bridge cultural boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, suppliers and customers
- Master’s Degree or an equivalent combination of a Bachelors degree and experience.
- Proven track record with strategy planning, development, and execution