It has 2 key focus.
Firstly, it forms part of the tenant onboarding process to help landlords evaluate what types of tenant risks they are exposed to, and forms part of the basic customer due diligence process before accepting them. In Covid times, landlords need to know their tenants they are bringing in, and their ability to withstand any economic shocks, their plans, their financial health and their resources.
Secondly, post-onboarding, AIRB can help landlords do surveillance on the health of the industry and how it is impacting each tenant’s operations and business conditions. A tenant can be healthy today, but may be plagued with issues six months down the road, because of macro and micro factors within and outside their control. AIRB provide landlords with foresight and prepare them for scenarios to handle exodus or collapse of tenants due to these factors.
No, the standard offering of AIRB Lite and Premium do not rely on your data, yet provide deep insights on the financial health (including outlook), highlight the risks, operating environment, industry consumer trends where applicable. It gives you a very good sense of the risks associated with a tenant that you are onboarding or planning to onboard as part of your basic KYC process.
For qualitative data, wWe rely on premium sources / subscription from Dow Jones which gives us access to 1.8B articles in an archive that goes back more than 30 years, 3,000+ subject, industry and region codes applied across all documents, 74% of top sources are not fully available on the free web , 1.4M+ articles added per day, from 33,000+ sources, content in 28 languages from 200 countries, and more.
For quantitative data, we can rely on the basic 7-8 lines of financial data submitted to authorities (ACRA / SSM equivalent) or the landlords can get these from the prospective tenants: sales, profits, total assets, total liabilities, paid up capital over 2 years.
For qualitative data, it is factored into the cost of the reports. For quantitative data, you may have to purchase from ACRA or SSM on your own at a nominal cost, or you can get instruct the applicants to submit the basic information to you for free.
1. Information is not static: it is not just information we offer. We provide insights that lead to decisions. We do not provide cookie-cutter reports, rather personalised on each company, how it operates, and how it impacts you as a the landlord.
2. Depth and breadth of analysis: it is not providing just business news and static financial information. It provides the financial health, outlook, key parameters for business survival and future as well as emerging trends on industry, company and products/services, where available for that company. If not available, we will look at their proxies or competitors.
3. Speed: Personalised reports can be delivered within 24 hours on a high volume basis and not wait for several days or weeks. Terms and conditions apply based on the type of service level agreement that is being formed.
4. Minimum human intervention in reporting: We use our proprietary AI technology (natural language expert systems) to process qualitative and quantitative information and form a prediction on the direction of each company based on macro and micro factors associated with it.
5. Proactive and continuous monitoring: with regular reporting subscription, you can get automatic triggers of emerging risks, trends and news associated with your tenancy mix by clusters and segments.
Yes, you can interface/integrate with your POS data, agreement structure, rental patterns, profile of tenancy and mall-specific attributes. This will be a bespoke solution and forms an extension to our base Experian offering. This will be a separate arrangement with you, and we can help you develop your own internal bureau within your mall across locations.
You can offer a modified version of AIRB to include a roadmap / business plan generated by the AI system for them to become viable and sustainable. This includes additional modules like working capital analysis, financial projection, scenario planning and business model analysis. It becomes like a CFO on demand services for those tenants who may not be able to afford a financial expert or CFO for their small business. It also serves as a post-accounting solutions for them to strategise their operations beyond bookkeeping focus.
For public rate, it is available for as little as USD$1.15/day/tenant for qualitative and quantitative monitoring throughout the year; which can be much less than 2% of their average gross rent (assuming min rental is US$2,000 per month at a conservative level).
For exposure of less than 2% per month for each company, you can have a RoboAdvisor who can monitor your portfolio of tenants, their risks, their financial health and their operating environment across high volume of cases.
You can even “subsidise” or transfer the cost of monitoring to the tenants on a yearly basis instead of you absorbing the costs from your margins.
We recommend you start with the standard Lite Subscription Package and start a sample portfolio of tenants in a specific mall. Here are the basic steps:
1. Identify the tenants you want to assess (either existing or in the process of onboarding)
2. Prepare to obtain the basic information (as required in FAQ3 above) : either from the authorities or from the tenants directly
3. Submit the information via email or a dedicated platform to upload the data
4. Settle the payment transactions
5. Collect reports within 24-48 hours depending on completeness of information (terms and conditions apply)
We have strict PDPA policies and online security measures as well as internal policies that govern the use and accessibility of such information at the organisation and employee level. Information is not stored online on cloud for hackers to access. If any information is stored online in the interim, we will anonymise the data with client reference code that is stored offline. Only selected employees have access to the information and not circulated without approval. Cybersecurity measures to protect the platform is also accorded and can be explained to you separately.